Mid Iowa Camaro Club Forum Index Mid Iowa Camaro Club
The MICC Forums

AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5th Gen Berger Camaros

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mid Iowa Camaro Club Forum Index -> Camaro5/ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4th Gen Camaro Addict
Website Administrator & Past Club Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: 5th Gen Berger Camaros Reply with quote

When we traveled to Michigan last weekend, we stopped by Berger Chevrolet (where we ordered and purchased our 2002 Phase II ZL-1 Supercar Camaro) to visit and see what they were doing with the new Camaros as I knew that they were modifying them and doing something special. For those of you that don't know, Berger is the VERY LAST of the Chevrolet Supercar dealerships. Back in the late 1960's and early to mid 1970's, there was Don Yenko of Yenko Chevrolet in Pennslyvaina that developed the Yenko Supercar Camaro, Nickey Chevrolet in Chicago, Baldwin Chevrolet in New York that teamed up with Joel Rosen of Motion Performance to develop the Baldwin Motion Camaros, Corvettes, Chevelles and Novas, Dana Chevrolet in California and also Berger Chevrolet in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Berger Chevrolet is THE ONLY Chevrolet Supercar dealership still open and under the same ownership. Nickey Performance has re-emerged but Nickey today is under different ownership and THEY ARE NOT a Chevrolet dealership. Berger Chevrolet was started and then passed on to the son (Dale) and he passed it on to his son (Matt) who presently runs the dealership today. Anyway..............enough of the history lesson. Laughing Here are some pictures of the 5th gens that Berger Chevrolet is modifying and have for sale. The Synergy Green one below was built for Matt Berger BUT is for sale for the right price. Laughing ALL OF THE WINDOW STICKERS BELOW go to the Synergy Green Camaro SS. As I remember, the Hugger Orange Camaro had a window sticker of around $58,000 and the Dayona Yellow one had a window sticker of around $62,000

2002 G.M.M.G. Phase II ZL-1 Camaro Supercar Hardtop # 17
475 H.P. LS6/M6/4.10 gears

1997 S.L.P. 30th Anniversary Camaro SS convertible
SS build # 2091/30th Anniversary build # 0742
310 H.P. LT1/A4/3.23 gears

2001 G.M.M.G. Phase I Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS T-Top # 68
381 H.P. LS1/M6/3.73 gears
isu_chevybowtie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD thanks for the information. I have seen Nickey 5th Gens and didn't know those details. Those three cars look pretty sweet!

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS - Laser Blue Metalic
99ss&92z28
Past Club Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that red one looks pretty sweet, or is it orange?

I wonder if that green one would look better in the sun light? There was a guy at the Bass Pro Shops show in Altoona, with a Synergy Green E-force Tom Henry SS (he was at last years show too and he's on the Camaro5 Iowa thread a lot). When that car is at a show, I can't take me eyes off of it. Is this Berger car the same color? I would think it is but it's hard to tell from the photos. Not sure I'd go for those wheels, but if I had a 100K to blow on a car I guess I could afford another 4K for different wheels and tires.
4th Gen Camaro Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: 5th Gen Berger Camaros Reply with quote

99ss&92z28 wrote:
Yea, that red one looks pretty sweet, or is it orange? It's Hugger Orange as the next to the last line of my post says. Laughing Marlin, There is a RED one sitting next to it though that I didn't take pictures of because RED is my least favorite color. Smile

I wonder if that green one would look better in the sun light? There was a guy at the Bass Pro Shops show in Altoona, with a Synergy Green E-force Tom Henry SS (he was at last years show too and he's on the Camaro5 Iowa thread a lot). When that car is at a show, I can't take me eyes off of it. Is this Berger car the same color? Yes, it's Synergy Green. I would think it is but it's hard to tell from the photos. Not sure I'd go for those wheels, but if I had a 100K to blow on a car I guess I could afford another 4K for different wheels and tires.Marlin, those particular wheels were $2,000 each (so they told me). Laughing

99ss&92z28
Past Club Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the articles or look at the pictures....hmmmmm I'm more of a look at the pictures kind of guy. Razz I did read the post, but only once. I've looked at the pics MANY times. and forgot about that part when I replyed.

What do you perfer; the yellow car's black painted grill area and 'throw-back' blue bow-tie emblem, or the orange car's heritage grill and SS emblems?

I can't imagine having $8,000 rims. Even if I could get over the thought that they would be such a huge target for thieves, I think that if I got too close to a curb and curb-rashed them, I would cry in public. Crying or Very sad
4th Gen Camaro Addict

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: 5th Gen Berger Camaros Reply with quote

Marlin..........................I actually like both grills. I guess it wouldn't really matter to me which grill would be on the car "IF" I were to purchase one. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mid Iowa Camaro Club Forum Index -> Camaro5/ICE All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: